Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to allow deselecting "multiple" radio buttons via a function

Level 6

I've used the following script on individual radio buttons to allow users to deselect an active group; however, I currently have a form with over 100 existing radio buttons that do not have the script added. Rather than manually add the script to each radio button individually, I was wondering if there's a way to create function of sorts that will allow global treatment.

Script used on single radio button via click event

// If Shift button is held while clicking radio button, clear selection

if (xfa.event.shift){

this.rawValue = "";

}

I presume the function would need to cycle through all objects throughout the form and those with the className as "exclGroup"  (i.e. radio button) would be impacted by the script thus allowing deselection.

Any help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

I've made a function back in the days that technically cycles through all the form to reset only wanted fields only by adding "Exception" names.

If you're able to view the code and manipulate you'll be able to do exactly what you want to do.

Feel free to ask any question if needed.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-livecycle-discussions/validation-reset-functi...

Hope this will help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi there,

I've made a function back in the days that technically cycles through all the form to reset only wanted fields only by adding "Exception" names.

If you're able to view the code and manipulate you'll be able to do exactly what you want to do.

Feel free to ask any question if needed.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-livecycle-discussions/validation-reset-functi...

Hope this will help.

Employee Advisor

@Magus069The good old LC days. great to see that one from archive