Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I populate my date fields placed on Master Page for multiple pages?

Level 2

I have a dynamic form with flowing fields. I inserted date fields using the Master Pages tab within Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2, Windows 7 OS. I have only 1 Master Page. Everything on the form is working properly, except when I have multiple pages, the date fields are blank on all but the first page. One of the date fields has javascript in the exit event to calculate the second date field. I can manually edit the subsequent page(s) date fields, but I don't want the end user to have to do that. I want the date fields on the new pages to equal the date fields on the first pages. Below is my output with notes to provide a visualization of what I'm looking for.

IM Question.png

Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this issue!

Caroline

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Do you set the binding of the two date fields to "global binding"?

Important every of these date fields need a own significant name, for example "date_UserEntry" and "date_Calculate".

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 5

Hi Caroline,

short question.

You have two date fields on the masterpage?

The seconde date field is calculated from the first date field?

From where comes the date in the first field?

You used "my" script to add 7 days from the first date?

Thx Mandy

Level 2

Hey Mandy,

Yes, both date fields are on the Master Page. The first one is set to "User entered - Required" and the second to "Calculated - User Can Override"

And that's right, I used your script to calculate the second date field. The only thing I changed was the field name, and used 6 days instead since I wanted the calendar days to only run a full week, like start on a Monday and end on Sunday.

Thx,

C

Correct answer by
Level 5

Do you set the binding of the two date fields to "global binding"?

Important every of these date fields need a own significant name, for example "date_UserEntry" and "date_Calculate".

Level 2

I knew it had to be some little detail that I missed! I looked at the "global binding" and ALMOST changed it, but wasn't familiar with that since this is the first time I've tried this. The form behaves PERFECTLY now. Yay!

Thank you SO much, Mandy! You're awesome!

Caroline

Level 5

Great. I'm really happy that's work!!

You're welcome.

Kind regards from Germany,

Mandy

Level 2

We need a "like" button. Awesome that you helped me from Germany to the U.S.!

Level 5

The price for my amazing help is my terrible english

I hope it will be better when I will write and read often in this forum.

Level 2

I have heard English is a rather complicated language to learn because so many words have multiple meanings. You're doing very well, though! You will be a professional English-writer very quickly!

Level 5

Thx. I hope so.

I believe this is not so difficult but I have no time, I have to discipline myself. I have to learned russian in the school. Therefore a lot of vocabulary and grammar is missing.