Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I insert the users email address in the watermark?

Level 2

Hi Guys,

various bits of documentation refer to being able to put a users email address into the watermark as part of a policy.

However the only options appear to be:

• User Name
  • User ID
  • Policy Name
  • Current Date and
  • Custom Text

Is there a special variable that I can use in the Custom Text?

I could use the email address as the UserID, but this isn't ideal...

I'm trying not to have to use the WorkBench or any custom code (it's really not my area).

Soon'ish

Craig

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

As far as I know, you are limited to what is available in theRights Management UI when creating Watermarks.  I don't believe it is possible to set what the "Custom Text" is via a variable or dynamically.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

As far as I know, you are limited to what is available in theRights Management UI when creating Watermarks.  I don't believe it is possible to set what the "Custom Text" is via a variable or dynamically.

Regards

Steve

Employee

Correct, you can't insert a user's email address into the watermark as a variable.

You can show the user's full name, or his login. Have you happened to map either of those fields to the full email address in User Manager? That would be a workaround I guess.

Level 2

Thanks Steve and Jonathan.  I've stuck with the User Name plus Current Date.  Hopefully email address will become available in the future (haven't checked out ES4's options yet).

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----