Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I find where a missing font was used?

Level 1

For an example, download the Property Owner Application form from http://www.atlantahousing.org/housingchoice/landlords/index.cfm?Fuseaction=forms

When opened in LiveCycle Designer, I get a message that Kozuka Gothic Pro-VI M (Regular) is missing. I don't see a way of searching for a font in LiveCycle, so I opened it up in Illustrator, thinking I would get a missing font message ... but I didn't. And when opened in regular Acrobat and looking at the Properties > Fonts list, it doesn't appear there either.

It's not causing any problem that I can see, but I'd like to get rid of it. Or maybe this is a font used by the application for some special symbol? Anyone khow to find it, or what's going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I haven't downloaded the form, but if you can open the form in LC Designer then go to the XML Source tab and do a search there for "Kozu". If the font is used, it will definetly show up in the XML Source. Note that while in XML Source you will be able to look up and down and identify the object that contains the font.

If you find it there, amend it for something else like Myriad Pro and see what happens.

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

I haven't downloaded the form, but if you can open the form in LC Designer then go to the XML Source tab and do a search there for "Kozu". If the font is used, it will definetly show up in the XML Source. Note that while in XML Source you will be able to look up and down and identify the object that contains the font.

If you find it there, amend it for something else like Myriad Pro and see what happens.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 1

It wasn't assigned to an object ... it was simply in a part of the XML "typefaces", which listed bunch of other languages like Adobe Hebrew, Adobe Thai, and others.