Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Hey, I am new to livecycle. Can someone tell me if this will meet my needs?

Level 3

Obviously I am looking to create a form, using livecycle. My main concern is distribution. I want to be able to post this live cycle form on my website so that it opens up in a browser. I know you can do this with acroforms but I'm not sure about livecycle. My original plan was to use infopath but you need a share point site and I didn't want to deal with a share point site.

My other question is regarding conditional formatting. For instance, am I able to show or hide parts of the form based on an option in a combo box?

What about tables, does livecycle have the capability to expand a table as the user is entering data into new rows?

What about views? Does live cycle have the ability to have two or more views? For instance the original end user view and a second for office use view?

I think that's all. Please if anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi,

Answers to each question in line.

>> Obviously I am looking to create a form, using livecycle. My main concern is distribution. I want to be able to post this live cycle form on my website so that it opens up in a browser. I know you can do this with acroforms but I'm not sure about livecycle.

If you use livecycle to create a PDF file then this file would open the same as an acroform. Hence the above would be possible

>> My other question is regarding conditional formatting. For instance, am I able to show or hide parts of the form based on an option in a combo box?

Yes, you can perform show hide on fields/subforms in the form depending on the selection of a combobox.

>> What about tables, does livecycle have the capability to expand a table as the user is entering data into new rows?

A livecycle form can use a table (or subform) and the user can add or remove rows to that table, you can look here for more info http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/working-tables-pdf-forms-using-acrobat-and-livecycle-designer

>> What about views? Does live cycle have the ability to have two or more views? For instance the original end user view and a second for office use view?

It doesn't actually have views, but if you create a schema for the data to be placed in you could create two forms that both use the same schema but display the data in different ways, hence giving you two view on the data.

I hope that is enough to clear up if LiveCycle can do what you want ( I think it can)

Malcolm

Message was edited by: BarlaeDC - added link to table guide