Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Help with building an interactive registration form

Level 1

I am VERY new at livecycle and all I have learned is by googling, so I'm sorry if this is a really stupid silly question. I am trying to build a registration form for our patients. I want to make it as 'easy' for them as possible. So I have a rough draft built - not necessarily in tabbing order yet - but what I need to do is set it to pre-populate fields depending on what drop down item is picked. And have a section appear when "yes" is picked.

For example: The first section is the 'Patient Information' section. The patient would fill this out, then when they get down to the 'patient insurance information' section there is a drop down menu named 'Relationship to Patient'. If they choose 'self' I want all the info from the 'Patient Information' section to automatically fill in the fields. If they choose 'Spouse' I want the last name, address and home phone number to automatically fill in. Further down the page are the 'secondary insurance' and 'additional insurance' sections. This is where I want those sections to only shop up if they patient chooses "yes" to the questions.

Clear as mud??

How in the world do I do this? Are there any webinars or tutorials / videos that show step by step?

Thanks, Julia

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

All of what you ask for is doable.

To populate the sections based on the dropdown value selected will require scripting. All of the individual script commands are documented but putting then together into the combination that you need is not. This particular topic has been discussed and samples have been built multiple times on this forum. I would start with a search on this forum.

There are also numerous books written as well as samples provided in the product that can show you the concepts involved with scripting but no one can anticipate exactly what you are doing so you will not find an exact sample that does what you want.

The ability to show/hide different sections of the form has also been discussed and samples written for it on the forum as well.

I suggest that you dive in a give it a try and if you get stuck ask more specific questions on this forum and any of the people who watch the forum regularly will help out.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

All of what you ask for is doable.

To populate the sections based on the dropdown value selected will require scripting. All of the individual script commands are documented but putting then together into the combination that you need is not. This particular topic has been discussed and samples have been built multiple times on this forum. I would start with a search on this forum.

There are also numerous books written as well as samples provided in the product that can show you the concepts involved with scripting but no one can anticipate exactly what you are doing so you will not find an exact sample that does what you want.

The ability to show/hide different sections of the form has also been discussed and samples written for it on the forum as well.

I suggest that you dive in a give it a try and if you get stuck ask more specific questions on this forum and any of the people who watch the forum regularly will help out.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks, I will continue to look around. Any suggestions on search key words?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----