Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Adding Additional Text Fields

Level 1

Hi there.  Our employee performance plan document that we use company wide is in Microsoft Word and as you all probably know, filling out a form with Word is not exactly optimal.  I thought I would attempt to use Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES to create a new PDF form for our employees to use to replace the Word one. (This is my first time using LiveCycle Designer) I have so far been laying out everything successfully using text fields.  I am now having trouble figuring out exactly how to accomplish a specific function.  Under the "What you accomplished this past year" section, I would like to have 2 or 3 text fields shown for the user to enter their data and then have a button the user can click to add additional fields as needed.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to figure out how to accomplish this.  I have been playing around with subforms and subform instance controls but I've been unable to get it working.  Also, should I have everything laid out in a table?  I am not currently using a table and I'm not sure if this would facilitate the process at all.

I appreciate any insight that can be lent.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want to share the form I can modify it and return it to you so you can see what needs to be done.

Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and describe what you want done.

paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

If you want to share the form I can modify it and return it to you so you can see what needs to be done.

Send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and describe what you want done.

paul

Former Community Member

Hi,

wow, i was hoping to see what the answer was as it would benefit me and others as well.

Might you happen to recall what the solution was?

thanks!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----