Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Funny Problem

Level 2

Hi.

I have attached my pdf to this discussion.

I am using Reader 8.0.0 to open this pdf.

You will see that when . type in the Calibre or Make box, a purple box appears. This is my dynamic select box for selecting a value.

The problem:

Click the Add Row button a few times, Around 4 rows should be enough.

Then enter text into a Calibre field.

Then enter text in a Make field in a different row.

You will notice that sometimes the purple box appears only after the focus has been lost on the Calibre or Make fields. The code says that it must be visible when you change the data in the cell.

Can anyone have a look and please tell me why this is happening?

Thanks

7 Replies

Former Community Member

It seems to be working as advertised. The box is hidden when you enter the field (Thats the code on th eenter event). Then when you start typing th echange event fires and the box is made visible. You shoudl add code that will hide the box on exit. Note that the row will resize itself to fit the new box when it is visible and will shrink again when the box is hidden.

What is it you are trying to accomplish ...there might be different ways to accomplish it.

Paul

Level 2

Works fine for me too. I agree that if this is giving you issues, there are otherways to display a value list.

Level 2

The lists that popup will each

have around 2000 option in them. As the user types in the textfield, the list is filtered according to what the user has typed, then the user can select the value they need from the list. The selected value is then entered into the textfield.

Try adding a few rows first by clicking on the Add Row button lets say 5 times.

Click inside the first row's Calibre field. (Purple box will popup)

Then click inside the 5th row's Make field and type something. (Purple box does not popup)

Could it be Adobe Reader version issue?

With versions 8.1.7 AND 8.1.6 I cannot type anything into any box.

Try applying the data.xml I have attahced.

Former Community Member

Seems to work fine for me .....I added 10 rows , enter data into each of the caliber fields and th ebox shows up each time (empty but it does show up).

Am I missing something?

Paul

Level 2

Paul.

What is your reader version?

Try adding 5 rows, complete the first Calibre field in the first row, then go to row 5 and type in the Make field. See if the box pops-up on the Make field.

It happens when I jump between the Calibre and Make field and on different rows.

If this still owrks for you, then I do not know what what it can be and will handle it as a bug in my reader version.

Thanks.

Level 10

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to look at the form, but the box (dropdown) appears each time data is inputted into calibre or make fields. This is what we are seeing when data.xml is bound to the PDF.

Acrobat.png

The selection from the dropdown doesn't get reflected in the field.

It works in all rows, even when randomly jumping between rows and from calibre to make on different rows. We are using Acrobat 9.2 here.

Hope you get it working,

Niall

Level 2

I will upgrade my Reader to Version 9.2 and see what it does.

Thanks to both of you for all the help and have a wonderfull christmas.