Hi,

You can mute your subscriber speaker not to take any sound something like this

<rtc:AudioSubscriber id="audioSub" />

<mx:Button label="Mute" click="onMute(event)" />

private function onMute(p_evt:MouseEvent):void

{

audioSub.setLocalVolume(0);

}

Setting to 0, internally does all the soundTransform work. You don't mention explicitly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Thank you very much, its working!

I have problem with flash player 10.1 (not before) with the "save selected file" function in the <rtc:FileShare. Is it a "bug" ?

Bernard

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

Even though you might have come across the save button and the associated UI( by setting allowSave=true ) in SharedWhiteBoard, we don't implement and support ourselves the save feature. We just throw an event called WBToolBarEvent.TOOL_BAR_CLICK.

You can catch this event and in the handler function

if (p_evt.item.command == WBShapesToolBar.COMMAND_SAVE) {

//May be take a snapshot with bitmapdata.draw

}

We haven't tried it, but you can try out and let us know.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi Hironmay,

Sorry, I made a mistake... I'm talking about the <rtc:FileShare and not SharedWhiteBoard. With flash v. 10.1 I 'm not able to save or upload files.

Bernard

Le 2009-11-30 à 18:12, Hironmay a écrit :

Hi Bernard,

Even though you might have come across the save button and the associated UI( by setting allowSave=true ) in SharedWhiteBoard, we don't implement and support ourselves the save feature. We just throw an event called WBToolBarEvent.TOOL_BAR_CLICK.

You can catch this event and in the handler function

if (p_evt.item.command == WBShapesToolBar.COMMAND_SAVE) {

//May be take a snapshot with bitmapdata.draw

}

We haven't tried it, but you can try out and let us know.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

I just tried. I am able to do both upload as well as save. I am using IE with player 10,1,51,45 . What is your configuration ? Are you getting the dialog to save or upload or not even that?

Please share these details as well as any console messages that you can see.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi,

I'm on iMac Intel, os X 10.6, flash 10,1,51,45. But I have a system is french... maybe it's the prob. ? I'm leaving in Canada but I have a friend in France and he has the same problem.

If you want to take a look on my little App. and tell me if you can upload and download.

I can do with 10.0.

http://escale.net/mundo

Bernard

Le 2009-11-30 à 19:14, Hironmay a écrit :

Hi Bernard,

I just tried. I am able to do both upload as well as save. I am using IE with player 10,1,51,45 . What is your configuration ? Are you getting the dialog to save or upload or not even that?

Please share these details as well as any console messages that you can see.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Hi ,

I went into that room I was able to do both using my player config I specified earlier.

I will try on Mac .

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

I checked on MAC and the download doesn't work though I am able to upload any fine perfectly. This looks like a player bug in Mac for 10,1. I have raised the issue with the player team and any feedback I get I will keep updated and do the fix accordingly. Since the 10,1 is currently a beta version, there may be bugs and we have also not tested our SDK with 10,1 extensively. So, it's always safe to use 10,0.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi,

On my side download doesn't work and upload too. I have the "save window" but nothing happens.

Then, I will reinstall 10.0 and I will wait before upgrading

Thank you for your help.

Bernard

Le 2009-11-30 à 20:47, Hironmay a écrit :

Hi Bernard,

I checked on MAC and the download doesn't work though I am able to upload any fine perfectly. This looks like a player bug in Mac for 10,1. I have raised the issue with the player team and any feedback I get I will keep updated and do the fix accordingly. Since the 10,1 is currently a beta version, there may be bugs and we have also not tested our SDK with 10,1 extensively. So, it's always safe to use 10,0.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Hi,

This is the update on the download bug. Basically, if you type some file name , the save button becomes active and you can download the file. This is a player bug which hopefully will be fixed before the final release of player 10,1.

Regarding upload, can you try with some other browser and does it work , because it always works for me here.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi again Hironmay,

Mundo is in progress ;-)

I have some questions regarding performance of ALCCS

What is the best settings for the webcam and audio publisher to avoid choppy connection ?

webcam.publisher.quality=0 ?

audioPub.microphone.codec="NellyMoser" ?

audioPub.microphone.encodeQuality=11 ?

Where is located your servers ? communication is not very good with people located outside North America...

The bandwidth is the same for a Plus, Basic and Free account / Adobe connect Now and Adobe connect Pro ?

Finally, could you take a look on Mundo :

http://escale.net/mundo

and tell me what's wrong with the <rtc Roster ? (icon over user name and I am unable to select options)

(select Administrator  in the menu right/top then select Dicussion in the Mundo menu)

I have also a problem with the color picker in the Whiteboard and Chat (Discussion). (unable to select color).

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bernard

Former Community Member

Hi,

For webcam, the best settings depend on connection. Unfortunately, its more of an iterative process rather than a definite value. Quality values range from 1 to 100 with 1 being the lowest quality but with a choppy connection you can try that. You can also try increasing the resolutionFactor to 5 to have a better camera image with greater pixel capture height and width.

The sound codec you should use is SPEEX provided you are using player 10 swc to develop your application. NellyMoser is by default and Speex codec in player 10 gives you much better audio quality.

EncodeQuality you can use only when you are using Speex codec. The values are from 0 to 10. With higher value means better quality but it will require higher bandwidth, so with a poor connection, you might want to keep it low. See flash.media.Microphone documentation in Flex 3.4 for a complete description of encodeQuality and bit rate.

There was a color Picker bug if you are using Flex 4 and Flash Builder 2 beta. It has been fixed in the last release. You can get the latest SDK swc from our Portal and that should fix the problem.

I looked at Mundo. Great work, keep it going. I am sorry but I didn't understand your roster question. Which icon you mean and what options ? Please explain with a screenshot or example code.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Hi,

I have reinstalled :

Adobe Flash Builder 4

Version: 4.0.0.253292

I have reinstalled:

com.adobe.afcs (dec.16 2009)

But I have always the same problem with the color Picker and the "options for this user" menu in the Roster. They are not available....

To see the bug, this is the steps :

http:escale.net/mundo

2. select "Administrator" in the user menu (at the upper right)

3. select "Participants" in the "Mundo" menu.

and you will see Icons over the participants names and the options at the right is not available.

The code is simple...

when Administrator is selected :

Session.userManager.setUserRole(cSession.userManager.myUserID,100);

and the Roster code :

<rtc:Roster height="100%" width="100%" backgroundAlpha="1" id="roster" contentBackgroundAlpha="0.75"/>

Bernard

Le 2010-01-12 à 01:51, Hironmay a écrit :

Hi,

For webcam, the best settings depend on connection. Unfortunately, its more of an iterative process rather than a definite value. Quality values range from 1 to 100 with 1 being the lowest quality but with a choppy connection you can try that. You can also try increasing the resolutionFactor to 5 to have a better camera image with greater pixel capture height and width.

The sound codec you should use is SPEEX provided you are using player 10 swc to develop your application. NellyMoser is by default and Speex codec in player 10 gives you much better audio quality.

EncodeQuality you can use only when you are using Speex codec. The values are from 0 to 10. With higher value means better quality but it will require higher bandwidth, so with a poor connection, you might want to keep it low. See flash.media.Microphone documentation in Flex 3.4 for a complete description of encodeQuality and bit rate.

There was a color Picker bug if you are using Flex 4 and Flash Builder 2 beta. It has been fixed in the last release. You can get the latest SDK swc from our Portal and that should fix the problem.

I looked at Mundo. Great work, keep it going. I am sorry but I didn't understand your roster question. Which icon you mean and what options ? Please explain with a screenshot or example code.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

>

Former Community Member

Thanks. I will get back after running in a day or two.

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

I have create my own roster because I have problem with the <rtc:roster.

The new Mundo :

http:escale.net/mundo

The <rtc:roster example with bugs.

http:escale.net/mundo-old 

(Select 'Participants' in the Mundo menu)

Thank you for your help Hironmay.

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

Sorry for the delay, I was struck with some new features that I didn't get time to look into the roster stuff. But I will get back to what the problem is and any solution by Monday.

Thanks

Regards

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

I finally got a chance to look at the problem.

I have a number of solutions for you.

a) Normally we don't recommend in lccs using that menu... so if you want to remove it, just add showMenuButtons= false in your Roster declaration. It's by default is true.

b) In case you want to have the button and the menu, you need to do this.

Have these lines added to your css file .

CustomMenu

{

border-colors: #9d9d9d, #686868;

border-alphas: 1, 1;

}

In case you already have a css file for your app, add these lines. Else create a css file, add these lines and in your main app file, you should add the css in styles by doing something like

<mx:Style source="yourfile.css"/>

The exception you are seeing is because border-colors and border-alphas styles are somehow missing in our Menu.

Doing either of these should fix your problem.

Hope this helps and sorry for bit of delay.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 3

Thank you Hironmay,

I tried it without success...

Same problems, color buttons in chat, note and whiteboard are not available like the options button in the roster.

But this is not very important for me. I have created my own roster and this will fix my problem.

Thank you again for your collaboration !

Bernard

I tried it without success

Former Community Member

Hi Bernard,

You mean to say the roster doesn't even after my fix ? I presume you are linking to the source and not the swc.

Have you tried doing showMenuButtons=false and try removing that button from roster ?

I can't get you when you say color button doesn't work in chat,note etc. We haven't heard this from any user. So, I am not sure what you are exactly trying to do. Just send a small example code with lets say chat, clearly specifying what you are expecting and what you are getting.

Try adding your own css for any colors in Chat and yes, if you are using the player 9 source, you can see where the error is. For player 10, source will come in the future release, so you need to wait for that.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu