Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Floating Fields Help

Level 2

Hello,

I am an absolute Livecycle novice so forgive me if it seems I am asking basic questions.

I am trying to create a form that has static text that also contains floating fields. The user is required to input information to populate the floating fields and therefore 'build' the paragraphs. I am trying the set up the form so that the floating fields are populated by data input into a series of text fields and drop down fields that are located on a sub form that will be hidden. This will then leave the body of the form with the floating fields then populated.

I am struggling with a Date/Time field on sub form 1 that will populate a floating field on sub form 2. I have managed to populate a floating field on sub form 2 with values in a drop down list from sub form 1 but the same principle doesn't seem to work with a date/time field.

Please help!

Thanks,

Nicola

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Nic. This is the type of forms we use in our company. I posted directions of how I do this in the following thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/865371?tstart=30

Be sure that the floating field in subform 2 is set up as a date/time field, just like the date/time field in subform 1. I am not able to recreate any problems with date/time fields using the method I use in the thread above.

Jo

Level 2

Hi Jo,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your original thread described exactly my problem and provided a thorugh solution. I now understand!

Thanks again,

Nicola