Expand my Community achievements bar.

Floating Fields Help

Level 2

Hello,

I am an absolute Livecycle novice so forgive me if it seems I am asking basic questions.

I am trying to create a form that has static text that also contains floating fields. The user is required to input information to populate the floating fields and therefore 'build' the paragraphs. I am trying the set up the form so that the floating fields are populated by data input into a series of text fields and drop down fields that are located on a sub form that will be hidden. This will then leave the body of the form with the floating fields then populated.

I am struggling with a Date/Time field on sub form 1 that will populate a floating field on sub form 2. I have managed to populate a floating field on sub form 2 with values in a drop down list from sub form 1 but the same principle doesn't seem to work with a date/time field.

Please help!

Thanks,

Nicola

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Nic. This is the type of forms we use in our company. I posted directions of how I do this in the following thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/865371?tstart=30

Be sure that the floating field in subform 2 is set up as a date/time field, just like the date/time field in subform 1. I am not able to recreate any problems with date/time fields using the method I use in the thread above.

Jo

Level 2

Hi Jo,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your original thread described exactly my problem and provided a thorugh solution. I now understand!

Thanks again,

Nicola