Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Flakey audio and video

Former Community Member

My users use audio and video chat over LCCS, and multiple users are reporting flakey audio video. I have yet to duplicate it, but they are reporting that the audio and video go in and out (they don't have to reconnect though). How can I help you debug this? It's happening right now.

8 Replies

Employee

Do you suspect the issue to be a performance issue?

Can you tell the number of users that were connected and broadcasting their Audio or Video ?

Also we support p2p and chances are that Audio and Video were broadcasted in p2p mode, and the quality compromised as a result.

A little more info would help us.

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

We had 30 users broadcasting audio and video. There were at most 2 users per room talking to each other over audio/video chat.

It's possible it could be a p2p issue. Is there a way to fall back to client-server from p2p if the connection is bad? I'm currently using the webcam pod + AudioPublisher + AudioSubscriber.

Employee

Hi Nathanah,

Please do ignore my comment about p2p. My team clarified that p2p tends to improve quality. So sorry there for misguiding you.

For the scenario you mentioned, 2 users per room - We never encountered any flakey performance. Please feel to reach us out again if your problem persists.

Thanks

Arun

Former Community Member

Thanks. Is there any thing in particular I need to watch out for or document to be able to show you the problem? How can I collect information about the problems if it happens again? Is it possible for you to have someone look at diagonostics for my account during the time last night?

We host events on the platform only occasionally. Our next will be next week.

Employee

The clients are collecting bandwidth usage, so you could instrument your code to see if there is anything strange there. Also this post (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613576) links to an amazing document wrote by another developer. You may not need to implement all the same stuff but it can give you more details of what to look for.

One thing: you are mentioning 30 users and the fact that you have rooms with only two people in it (or do you have one room with a lot of private streams between two people ?). Where are you users located ? I mean, it's people in their home, or spread around different locations talking to each other, or is it a group of people in the same office / building / on the same network ?

The fact that you seem to imply that it works fine in your tests (where I am assuming you have only two people connected in one room) but it collapses with multiple rooms or "lot of users" makes me think there is a bottleneck somewhere (i.e. a single network connection that gets saturated).

On our side, 15 rooms in the same account are treated completely independently (i.e. they could each be running on a complete different server) and they shouldn't be affecting each other.

Former Community Member

Thanks for the link.

For 30 users, we have 15 rooms with 2 users in each room interacting. Users rotate rooms so that they all get to speak with each other. The users are spread across different geographies typically within 50 miles of each other, but occasionally we have users from across the United States.

Employee

If you send me your account URL and a few room names I'll try to look at our logs and see if I can find anything.