Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Change XML Data Order?

Level 1

Emailed XML data is not in the order on the form. I changed tab order but XML order remains changed. Where do I go to change order that XML appears?

6 Replies

Level 10

Have if defined a default Schema for your form?

If so, you can change the order of XML elements by modifying the XSD file.

Nith

Level 1

I have not and don't know what it is. If one exists it's because it was automatically created.

BTW, I'm not going to do anything with the results in an automated way. The info from the form will be the basis for an order that must be filled out by hand elsewhere. It's just that if the data is emailed to me in a specific order, it will make completeing this other order process easier and more intuitive.

Former Community Member

If you do not have a schema then the order that the fields appear in the hierarchy view is used to set the order in the XML file.

Paul

Level 1

That was my intuitive assumption as well. When the tab order didn't change the output, I changed the hierarchy view but that didn't change the output either.

Level 2

Hi,

Did you check the "Data view" window?

If you don't see anything shown there, then I guess "Hierarchy" window will be only place you can change the orders.

Level 1

Figured it out. You veterans will probably laugh, but I don't do a lot of this. I found a pallette called "Binding" and noticed a list of the fields there. Two were missing and they happened to be the ones that were out of order. I compared them to the ones that were there and the missing ones were marked global while the others were marked normal. I changed those two to normal, they showed up in the binding pallatte in the right order and my test worked just fine.

As usual, thanks to all.