Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email button error works but gives Error message "10"

Level 2

I have "attach to email" buttons on my forms. I leave the email address blank for the person to fill in themselves. It works fine but on one form (and one form only) when clicking on the button an error message window comes up - with exclamation mark and the number "10", that's it. The button works (attached the file to an email) but still gives the message. My other forms don't give this message though the buttons appear identical.

What could be causing this?

(Livecycle 8.0)

Thanks in advance, Marg

3 Replies

Level 10

You may have some code after the Email send code which may be generating the message..

Are you using an Email Submit button or a normal button with the code in the clcik/ preSubmit event for sending the emails?

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

I'm using a normal button with the control type Submit. In the Submit to URL window I've got simply "mailto:" with no email address (same as my other buttons that don't give the error message).

Level 10

Remove the "mailto:" from the Submit tab if you have the script code written in the event.

But usually if you have "mailto:" in the submit tab and while you are preview mode, it will open two email windows. A new email with the subject as "Form Returned"..(This new email error will work only if Acrobat Pro is used by the Designer while previewing the form. If the Designer uses Acrobat Reader while previewing it does not even show any error and simply quits. You can check which one is used while previewing by going to your Windows -> Task Manager and see which EXE is running. For Acrobat Acrobat.EXE and for Reader it will be AcroRd32.EXE).

Try removing the mailto: from the Submit tab and if you still have issues, may be you can send the file to LiveCycle9@gmail.com , I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini