Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing Order in a Simple Form

Level 1

I am a Realtor and I created a form from a Word Document. Creating the pdf from Word was simple and I just wanted to use Designer to set up fields so that if I or anyone else that uses this form would have a simple means of entering the information.

In Design View, the tab order is exactly the way that I want it, but when I try it in Preview, it doesn't work.

I am not a pro at Designer by any means, but I would appreciate some help! I just wanted a simple form that I can fill out rather than printing, filling out by hand, scanning back in, then e-mailing. HELP!!!

Thanks bunches!

Leslie

P.S. I wanted to attach the file, but couldn't find a way to do it.

5 Replies

Level 6

Not sure what you've already tried, so to set the tab order click on View in the Function menu on the top of the screen.  Tab order is the last item.  When you select it, a dialogue box opens with instructions on how to set the tab order.

Level 1

Hi Paul

I have already done that and it looks fine - all the fields are in the correct order. The problem is when I go to preview PDF and try using the tabs (or even going back into Acrobat and opening the form), the tabbing order is wrong. But it is wrong in only 1 section of the form. I've tried starting from scratch (i.e., converting the Word Doc to a PDF, taking the form from Acrobat to Designer with the field auto detect, and resetting all the fields and tab order) but nothing seems to work. I'll keep working on it but hopefully this will give you some more info in helping me solve this.

Thanks for your input!

Leslie

Level 10

You can post your form so I can have a look at it..

Thanks

Srini

Level 6

Not sure which version of LCD you're using but tabbing has had issues.  Try opening the form with your reader and see if the tabbing works correctly.  Sometimes preview is messed up but tabbing works correctly when open in the reader.

Level 1

Does anyone have any ideas on why I can create a pdf file in LiveCycle Designer 8.0, set the tab order, have it work in the preview tab but when my end user opens it in Adobe Reader 9 it doesn't tab in the order I set?  I'm ready to pull my hair out over this one!