Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Body Message - How do you change that?

Level 1

The form I am creating is being submitted via email. The email address the form is going to is determined by a drop downlist. To do this I am using the fake email button option (based on Pauls "Email Options" directions). I would like to change the email body message to say something different from the subject line and the standard Adobe message "The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data."

if (DropDownList1.rawValue != null){

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:" + DropDownList1.rawValue + "?subject=Mobile Device Request" + "?body=Testing";

//app.alert(RealEmail.event__click.submit.target);

RealEmail.execEvent("click");

} else {

app.alert("Please select a Director from the dropdown!");

}

When ever I add the " ?body=Testing" to the scrip, it just adds it to the suject line and then the body changes to this:

Mobile Device Request?body=Testing

The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data.

What do I need to do to separate the subject line from the body of the message and change the message?

1 Reply

Level 5

Hi,

The file does not appear to be there, but I thought the mailto syntax was a starting '?' and then in was '&' for each parameter.

Using your example

I think this should work if it is changed to

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:" + DropDownList1.rawValue + "?subject=Mobile Device Request" + "&body=Testing";

(please note I haven't checked this, just a from the top of the head idea)

Hope this helps

Malcolm