Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

debuging Javascript code in LC is not smooth. Is there a better way?

seeker__
Level 2
Level 2

I'm new to LC and I am finding the debugging process very cumbersome. I save my form, open it in Acrobat and enable debugging window  there. I know there is a way to the have debugging window in PDF preview but  that would not make much of difference. I actually prefer to have it in  Acrobat because when it crashes I wouldn't loose my LC.

Is this the best way of debuging Javascript?

It would be nice to have access to variable dump. I am creating temproary text fields and pop up  messages.

1 Reply
seeker__
Level 2
Level 2

I cant believe Adobe releases such a large project like LiveCycle with no "officially supported" debuger.

from the horse's mouth:

http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2010/03/using_the_acrobat_javascript_d.html

"...there are some serious limits:

• Using the debugger with XFA forms is not officially supported
  • We cannot debug script objects
  • Storing  break points doesn’t seem to work.  This makes it hard to debug an  initialization script (unless you force your form to do an xfa.form.remerge()) "

"When will XFA have proper JavaScript debugging support?  This is a hard  question to answer.  But it gets asked a lot.  Believe me when I say  that  we’ve taken a run at this problem many times in the past.  But the  fact remains that there are some substantial technical barriers that  are holding us back. "

Please correct me if I am wrong.