Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Customizing Dialog box

Level 2

Hisamples.JPG

I want to customizise the dialog box.I done  by using ACRODIALOGS BOX.But the problem is the background color of text are in blue color.i want to remove the back ground.Could anybody help me to come out of this.Thanks a lot.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I believe that this behavour is more to do with your operating system than Acrobat or AcroDialogs.

If I open the Windjack sample in Windows 7, I get this:

Parallels Desktop.png

Don't worry about the red, that is what I have set my system selection colour (for working in LC Designer). I don't use Windows 7 for much else.

If I open the same sample in Mac OS 10.6.3, I get this:

Acrobat.png

Automatically no selection or colour.

If you only have a few lines of text then I would use a static text and set the multilines to false.

If you have a lot of text then you are stuck with the behaviour.

If you want to change the colour from the default blue, you would need to access the Windows Control and Appearance panel and change the colour for the 'Selected Items'.

Parallels Desktop1.png

However please note that this will apply across your system and will not be the viewing experience of your users who may have different settings.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 4

Unfortunately you are looking at an old version of the license dialog example.  The newer version does not show the highlighted text.  The problem is that the text box containing the license text is the first selectable element in the dialog object definition, so by default it is selected on dialog creation.  This is an issue with many different kinds of dialogs.  But this one in particular because there are no other elements where the focus can be put.

The workaround is to place a small, transparent button above the text box.  The user doesn't see it but the button gets selected first so the text is not affected.  Downlowd a new verion and you'll see how this works.

http://www.windjack.com/products/acrodialogs.html

Thom Parker
The source for PDF Scripting Info
pdfscripting.com

The Acrobat JavaScript Reference, Use it Early and Often
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html

Then most important JavaScript Development tool in Acrobat
The Console Window (Video tutorial)
The Console Window(article)