Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Date Calculation for Timesheet

Level 1

I have been researching this for hours and I just can't figure it out so hopefully someone can help me here...

I have a timesheet form where I'd like the user to click on the first box which I've set up as a date field so the little calendar pops open. Once they choose the date in that field (which I've named dtf[0]) I'd like the rest of the fields to automatically populate with the dates for the remainder of that week. I'd prefer the format to only show the month and day - no year is necessary.

Example: the user chooses August 15, so the first field will show 8/15 and the rest of the week will be populated with 8/16, 8/17, 8/18 etc.

From a previous thread written here last year, I found this code and tweaked it to apply to my field names:

form1.#subform[0].dtf[0]::exit - (FormCalc, client)

xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[1] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+1),"M/D");
xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[2] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+2),"M/D");
xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[3] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+3),"M/D");
xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[4] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+4),"M/D");
xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[5] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+5),"M/D");
xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[6] = Num2Date((Date2Num(xfa.form.form1.#subform.Table2.Row1.dtf[0].formattedValue,"M/D")+6),"M/D");

But I'm running into the same problem that the person who wrote the other thread did... The fields after my date field are being populated, but with 1/1, 1/2, 1/3 etc!

By the way, the first field (dtf[0]) is a date/time field while the other days of the week are just plain text fields. (Wasn't sure if they should all be date/time fields, perhaps?)

What am I doing wrong here? I don't know anything about JavaScript or FormCalc (clearly)! Thanks for any assistance you can provide...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Check the attached sample..

I am writing the script in the FormCalc and Exit event of the control..

Check the display pattern also.

https://acrobat.com/#d=xH1H6-8fmYRxxQn2sZuIMA

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Check the attached sample..

I am writing the script in the FormCalc and Exit event of the control..

Check the display pattern also.

https://acrobat.com/#d=xH1H6-8fmYRxxQn2sZuIMA

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Yay - the answer was emailed to me - thank you!!! Here's what worked:

Put this script in the scripting window…

Show: exit

Language: FormCalc

Run At: Client

form1.#subform[0].Table2.Row1.dtf[0]::exit - (FormCalc, client)

dtf[1].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+1,"YYYY-MM-DD");

dtf[2].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+2,"YYYY-MM-DD");

dtf[3].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+3,"YYYY-MM-DD");

dtf[4].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+4,"YYYY-MM-DD");

dtf[5].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+5,"YYYY-MM-DD");

dtf[6].rawValue = Num2Date(Date2num(dtf[0].rawValue,"YYYY-MM-DD")+6,"YYYY-MM-DD");

Set the fields to Date/Time fields and their Pattern to date{MM/DD}.

Thank you so much!!!

Level 1

I am new to LiveCycle and I am trying to calculate the date on a  timesheet also. I have followed the instructions posted here but I am unable to get the desired results.   I was able to download the sample form that was posted here, but I am still unable to create a 14 day pay period were the dates automatically populate after you select the beginning date.

If possible and if you wouldn't mind can you post or email me at rikwil33@yahoo.coma sample document that has 14 day date fields that I could copy and paste to my timesheet form.  Thank you