Expand my Community achievements bar.

currency symbol and localization

Level 6

Hello,

I have a pdf form with some monetary fields. Each field shows the localized currency symbol.

Is it possible to change the currency symbol dynamically (example from the euro symbol to the dolar symbol)?

I ask this because I would like to use the same form with different currency symbols. For instance, is it possible to dynamically change the localization of the form?

thank you

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Looks like locale is exposed up to the sub-form level. For demonstration purposes, I have a sub-form with amount, tax, and total, I can toggle the locale on the click event of a button called 'localeBtn'.

// form1.page1.subform1.localeBtn::click - (JavaScript, client)

if (form1.page1.subform1.locale == "en_GB_EURO") {

form1.page1.subform1.locale = "en_US";

}

else {

form1.page1.subform1.locale = "en_GB_EURO";

}

toggle_locale1.pngtoggle_locale2.png

Steve

Level 6

Hello,

Thank you for your help steve.

But I would like to make another related question: where the locale formats came from? Are they coming from the operating system or does Adobe Reader have them defined elsewhere?

Thank you

Former Community Member

I believe they are defined by Designer in the install folder '..\Designer ES\8.2\Linguistics'.

Level 6

Steve,

I looked at that folder and it seems it only defines the list of countries to be used by each language. I didn´t see anything about, for instance, the currency symbol to use. The strange thing is that I changed the character symbol in the regional options in windows, and it didn´t changed nothing in my form, so it seems this information cames from elsewhere...

Thank you