Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Creating additional input areas as required

Level 5

Good Day;

I have been asked to design a form using Livecycle that will replace an existing MS Word form. The form will be used to grant access to a total of 42 information systems.

At first glance this did not seem to be a problem until I stated to design the layout. For the most part the form is more or less straight forward. Where I ran into design problems was with the best way to have the user fill in what systems they were requesting. A user could request anywhere from 1 to 42 of the information systems.

The initial design had all 42 systems listed with option required. This, (I thought) was way to long.

Example: These field are inside a table.

System Name                     | Requested View    | Domain Requested

AAAAA -AAAAAAAA    |  Select 1 or all of 5|  Select 1 or all of 3

What I would like to do is create this part of the form as a “as required”. The way I envision this working is to have a dropdown for the first system and then the user can request request another entry (using a button etc..), a blank row would come up and from a drop down they would be able to pick the system name and then be able to select the Request View and Domain Requested. I hope I have explained this well enough

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here is a sample for you of what I think you want. Note that if you select the system from a DDList then there are lots of things to check ...I dud a few in the code so it can get a little complicated.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Here is a sample for you of what I think you want. Note that if you select the system from a DDList then there are lots of things to check ...I dud a few in the code so it can get a little complicated.

Paul

Level 5

Thank you very much Paul. This gets me pointed in the right direction. Now I just need to put the

full form together.

Thanks Again

Chomp

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----