Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Concatenating global data fields

Level 3

I have the following data entry fields set to "Use global data" in the bindings tab:

Customer-City

Customer-Province

Customer-Postal

I want the three fields above to concatenate in a text field on other pages within the document.

The entry fields are all in tables within an input form on the first page and the data therein translates properly in subsequent documents.

However, when I attempt to use formcalc to concatenate the three fields above, nothing appears within the field.

When concatenating field values which use "global data" bindings, do I need to specify absolute paths?

Should I use formcalc or javascript?

What is the proper scripting for this to work?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Just noticed ,,,,,the property you want is rawValue not value.

Paul

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Former Community Member

The concatination has nothing to do with the binding (they are independant). The easiest way to get the proper reference to these obejcts is to put the cursor in the script editor where you want the reference to appear. Hold down the Cntrl key and move the cursor to the field that you want to reference. The cursor will change to a V. Once you get to the right field click the mouse button and the proper reference will be written to the script editor. Now you can type a "." and choose the method or property that you want to complete the expression.

Paul

Level 3

Still not working, here is what I have:

Concat(xfa.resolveNode("INPUT.Customer.Row[2].Customer-City").value + xfa.resolveNode("INPUT.Customer.Row[3].Customer-Province").value)

Former Community Member

Send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and include a description of the issue and I will have a look.

paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Just noticed ,,,,,the property you want is rawValue not value.

Paul

Level 3

Before you had replied I changed it to rawValue and the field is still blank.

Should it be set to Read Only Calculated?

What about the bindings tab on the concatenated field?

Former Community Member

Those settings shoudl not matter ...send the form to the email and I will have a look.

paul

Level 3

I also have it set to form:Ready on the script.

With the field set to User Entered Optional and No data bindings, it still does not show any text.

I have also allowed for the field to expand to fit in order to show, still nothing.

Level 3

Okay, I have sent the file to the email address you posted.

The file is confidential.

Thank you.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----