Expand my Community achievements bar.

client adobe reader version

Former Community Member

HI all,

I am developing dynamic adobe forms with XSD data bingding for my clients.

My client used those forms to be use in their java based application.

In the java application, these form will load inside the iframe.

My Client said , in some cases the after submmit the form online, all the fields

showing null in the database. I do validation for null value in my form. The form

is only submitable only if it pass the null value valuation.

My client too inform, they has submit the form with filling all these mandatory

fields before submission.

I do check the user server log, of the time of form submission there is a xml file

containing the fields node and values being generate. But , for this form submission,

all the response variable xml nodes are showing null values.

Is this problem is cause of Adobe Reader version issue?

is there any way for me to put logger in the java application to trace the client side
Adobe reader version?

i have done , these script in the form, anyway i am have to put logger in the java application.

if

(xfa.host.version > 8 ){

xfa.host.messageBox("Please fill the form and submit");

}

else

{

xfa.host.messageBox("Please upgrade your adobe reader version.");

}

i am have to put logger in the java application.

so, is there anyway for me to trace the adobe reader version at the client end at the runtime of the form loading in the

system?

4 Replies

Level 10

To get the version of the viewer you can use this script in the docReady:event of your form.

if (typeof(app.viewerVersion) != "undefined")

if (app.viewerVersion >= 8.1)

{

xfa.host.messageBox("Please fill the form and submit");
     }
else
     {
     event.target.closeDoc(true); // optinal: will close the doc

xfa.host.messageBox("Please upgrade your adobe reader version.");

}

Former Community Member

hi radzmar,

thanks for your reply. I am actually looking for the java code to read the client adobe reader version.

i have to have it in my java logger to debussing purpose.

My concern actually not on the old adobe reader version , i am concerning over adobe reader campatibility over IE versions.

if i know the clients IE version, then it will be easy to debug the issue wheater that is old version or Win7/Vista - Adobe reader issues.

you have any suggestion to trace the client adobe reader version at the runtime.?

is the any predefine function or lib to trace on that?

Former Community Member

hi radzmar,

thanks for your reply. I am actually looking for the java code to read the client adobe reader version.

i want to have it in my java logger to debuging purpose.

My concern actually not on the old adobe reader version , i am concerning over adobe reader campatibility over IE versions.

if i know the clients reader version and the IE version, then it will be easy for me o debug the issue wheater that is old version or Win7/Vista - Adobe reader issues.

you have any suggestion to trace the client adobe reader version at the runtime.?

is the any predefine function or lib to trace on that?

Level 10

You possibly can determine the installed version of Adobe Reader/Acrobat by checking the registry.

But, how do to this with your own Java enviroment I don't know. sorry.