Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Change Titlebar for Warning Javascript Window: My Title

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

Well...this question is either:

1. Very easy, OR

2. Impossible

I have a smal ? button next to some of the fields on my form.

I display a message box whenever the user clicks that button.

The message box displays some sort of "help" for the field.

Problem is, I do not want the titlebar of the message box to contain the words: Warning Javascript Window.

How can I change this? I want the titlebar to say only what I want it to say.

Many Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

The simple answer is that you cannot change that as it is there to warn the user that this is not a Acrobat/Reader dialogue box and has been shown by the form.

The complex answer is that as I understand it if the document was certified and the user had installed and trusted the certificate of the PDF document then the dialogue may not show that message ( I believe this is dependent of the version of Acrobat/Reader that the user is using)

Regards

Malcolm

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

The simple answer is that you cannot change that as it is there to warn the user that this is not a Acrobat/Reader dialogue box and has been shown by the form.

The complex answer is that as I understand it if the document was certified and the user had installed and trusted the certificate of the PDF document then the dialogue may not show that message ( I believe this is dependent of the version of Acrobat/Reader that the user is using)

Regards

Malcolm

Level 3

Hi Malcolm,

Good answer. Thank you.

I am starting to understand the security aspects of this based on your answer and other research that I have recently done.

Hmmmm...so is there a better way to create a helpful popup for the user of a LiveCycle form? (other than xfa.host.messageBox?)

Thanks again,

Joe

Level 5

Hi,

Any kind of dialogue will show the warning message.

The only other suggestion would be to hide a helpful box close to the field/section and have this show when the user enters the field/section and hide when they leave it.

Regards

Malcolm

Level 10

You can try AcroDialogs from Windjack http://windjack.com/product/acrodialogs/

It lets you do a lot more with popups and while it doesn't get rid of the "warning javascript window" it moves it to the bottom of the window.