Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

CertificateEncrypt PDF for Reader 9 JCE warning

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying the EncryptionService CertificateEncrypt PDF service operation. I set compatibility to Reader 9 and when invoking my process I get the error:

ALC-ENC-100-019 ACRO_9 compatibility implies 256 bit AES encryption, which requires JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files to be installed on the JVM.

When reverting to Reader 7 all works as expected. Where can I find more information on what to do to make this use the 256-bit encryption?

Thanks,

Waldo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

By setting compatibility to Reader 9, you are actually setting the encryption rate to be 256 bit.

You need to configure the application server for 256 bit encryption.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

EG. For JBoss (turnkey)

1.       Unzip jce_policy-6.zip and examine the contents. You should find four files, including two jar files named:

a.       local_policy.jar

b.      US_export_policy.jar

2.       Copy local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the following directory (this will overwrite the two existing files):

a.       C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\security

Finally, restart the JBoss Windows Service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

By setting compatibility to Reader 9, you are actually setting the encryption rate to be 256 bit.

You need to configure the application server for 256 bit encryption.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

EG. For JBoss (turnkey)

1.       Unzip jce_policy-6.zip and examine the contents. You should find four files, including two jar files named:

a.       local_policy.jar

b.      US_export_policy.jar

2.       Copy local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the following directory (this will overwrite the two existing files):

a.       C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\security

Finally, restart the JBoss Windows Service.