Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

CertificateEncrypt PDF for Reader 9 JCE warning

Level 2

Hi,

I am trying the EncryptionService CertificateEncrypt PDF service operation. I set compatibility to Reader 9 and when invoking my process I get the error:

ALC-ENC-100-019 ACRO_9 compatibility implies 256 bit AES encryption, which requires JCE unlimited strength jurisdiction policy files to be installed on the JVM.

When reverting to Reader 7 all works as expected. Where can I find more information on what to do to make this use the 256-bit encryption?

Thanks,

Waldo

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

By setting compatibility to Reader 9, you are actually setting the encryption rate to be 256 bit.

You need to configure the application server for 256 bit encryption.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

EG. For JBoss (turnkey)

1.       Unzip jce_policy-6.zip and examine the contents. You should find four files, including two jar files named:

a.       local_policy.jar

b.      US_export_policy.jar

2.       Copy local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the following directory (this will overwrite the two existing files):

a.       C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\security

Finally, restart the JBoss Windows Service.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

By setting compatibility to Reader 9, you are actually setting the encryption rate to be 256 bit.

You need to configure the application server for 256 bit encryption.

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDeta...

EG. For JBoss (turnkey)

1.       Unzip jce_policy-6.zip and examine the contents. You should find four files, including two jar files named:

a.       local_policy.jar

b.      US_export_policy.jar

2.       Copy local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the following directory (this will overwrite the two existing files):

a.       C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\lib\security

Finally, restart the JBoss Windows Service.