Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

what "service operation" to use

Former Community Member

I have a working process with one service operation that is Forms/FormsService/renderPDFForm . There are two input variables and one output variable. For input the path of the template is given as a string, and XML data is given as a document. The template is fetched fron resources and XML data is merged with it. For output a flat PDF is given as a document.

We want to leave the two inputs and one output the same but have the process fetch the template from a DB2 database table instead. What additional service operations would be required to do this? One operation will need to open the database table and fetch the template as a blob, with the key being the string input variable. The blob may need to be transformed to a document so a transform operation may be needed. Control will then pass to the operation already being used to create the PDF output. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Probably Query Single Row from JDBC service to get the data from the database.

Maybe you'll need a SetValue to put the Blob in a document variable (maybe you can put it directly in the output of the JDBC step).

Jasmin

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I think you got it right.

Nothing really to add.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

What service operation names should be used? That's what I'm needing to find out,

Correct answer by
Level 10

Probably Query Single Row from JDBC service to get the data from the database.

Maybe you'll need a SetValue to put the Blob in a document variable (maybe you can put it directly in the output of the JDBC step).

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks Jasmin. You're a real help. I figured out the query single row, but probably would not have gotton the set value.