Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can I change ordering of pages in script?

Level 3

Hello, my question is quite straightforward, I wonder if the possibility to reorder pages in a form by script exists?

Just as a short description, my form is sort of a work order/checklist but when finished I want to be able to reorder the forms pages to create a report.

My first thought was that it would seem as a trivial thing and that there would be some kind of possibility to change the page number of each form page or something like that, but I havent found any information by googling unfortunately.

I most often come up with some kind of way to get around limitations, and what I am thinking about otherwise if there is no easy way to move stuff around by script is just having a duplicate page in the "other place" hidden at first, and to "move" a page I simply hide the page where it's first and then show the duplicate page on the secondary place.

Still this would be quite cumbersome, having to have a few duplicate pages and scripting every field to have them synchronize. So I had hoped for some xfa.layout. shenanigans? Is there a way to actually reorder pages in script, or do I have to play hide and show?

(On a side note, I don't seem to find any reference material on the xfa.layout object? does that exist somewhere, as I have a problem finding it in the regular reference material. Using LiveCycle Designer ES2 btw.)

Best regards, Mattias

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm afraid the show / hide approach may be your only other option. LiveCycle is template based, not page based. This is a key feature of the tool as it allows content to dynamically flow over multiple pages according to the content requirements.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Assuming that you only want the report to be printed, you can employ the solution in the blog below:

Multiple Top Level Subforms

Essentially you will be authoring two "forms", one for interactive (Acrobat) use, and another or printing.

Level 3

Not entirely sure that I follow the blog post perfectly. But to me it sounds like you simply have two versions of your form at the highest hierachy level and simply switch between them? Which would be pretty much the same as the approach I was discussing in my original question?

In that essence it isn't the answer I am looking for, but thanks for the additional approach.

Correct answer by
Level 7

I'm afraid the show / hide approach may be your only other option. LiveCycle is template based, not page based. This is a key feature of the tool as it allows content to dynamically flow over multiple pages according to the content requirements.

Level 3

Right, this is what I feared. And I think I get what you mean with the dynamic flow.

I was hoping for a simpler approach though. Thanks for your time