Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Is there a way to edit a document created in LiveCycle Designer in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?

Level 1

I work for a university who use to have LiveCycle Designer and Adobe Acrobat Pro. Recently, with the upgrade in Adobe to Creative Cloud, the university took LiveCycle off of our computers and now are offering Creative Cloud and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to us staff in terms of programs for edit fillable documents and layout.

My dilemma is: we have many documents that were created on LiveCycle that we now cannot edit in Acrobat Pro DC because the programs do not work together. Is there a way to convert these old documents into editable PDFs  for Pro DC?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is no way to edit dynamic forms in Acrobat. It's because of their internal stucture, which is completely different to a reguar PDF. You only can print the existing files to PDF and then add new form fields with Acrobat to create a AcroForm. But this kind of form will not be dynamic.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is no way to edit dynamic forms in Acrobat. It's because of their internal stucture, which is completely different to a reguar PDF. You only can print the existing files to PDF and then add new form fields with Acrobat to create a AcroForm. But this kind of form will not be dynamic.