Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Button to open save as window?

Former Community Member

I have a form created that I would like to add a button to lock all of the current fields and open a save as window.  I know the script to lock all of the fields, but I am having trouble figuring out how to use a button to save.  I would like to ideally have the form delete certian rows and force the user to save this as a new version.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can execute the save as ... menu item via script to prompt the user to save with dialog using app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

If you need anything more outside this (like providing a new filename, etc), security restrictions in acrobat/reader will prevent you from doing that. Also reader extensions will still apply if you try to save without having them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can execute the save as ... menu item via script to prompt the user to save with dialog using app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

If you need anything more outside this (like providing a new filename, etc), security restrictions in acrobat/reader will prevent you from doing that. Also reader extensions will still apply if you try to save without having them.

Former Community Member

AHA! Thank you so much!

I had found the javascript object "saveas" but in the LiveCycle help it

actually has "executeMenuItem" instead of "execMenuItem" and that was

not working.