Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Button to open save as window?

Former Community Member

I have a form created that I would like to add a button to lock all of the current fields and open a save as window.  I know the script to lock all of the fields, but I am having trouble figuring out how to use a button to save.  I would like to ideally have the form delete certian rows and force the user to save this as a new version.  Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can execute the save as ... menu item via script to prompt the user to save with dialog using app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

If you need anything more outside this (like providing a new filename, etc), security restrictions in acrobat/reader will prevent you from doing that. Also reader extensions will still apply if you try to save without having them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

You can execute the save as ... menu item via script to prompt the user to save with dialog using app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

If you need anything more outside this (like providing a new filename, etc), security restrictions in acrobat/reader will prevent you from doing that. Also reader extensions will still apply if you try to save without having them.

Former Community Member

AHA! Thank you so much!

I had found the javascript object "saveas" but in the LiveCycle help it

actually has "executeMenuItem" instead of "execMenuItem" and that was

not working.