Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

AIR: multiple windows for debugging?

Level 2

Hi,

I have two questions:

1.) I was wondering if it was possible to launch multiple instances of an AIR application on the same machine, for debugging collaborative applications using ALCS?

2.) Is there any kind of event that is dispatched when a new user enters a room, or is there any way to get noticed of such an event? I tried to listen to 'ConnectSessionContainer.synchronizationChange', but that does not seem to work... I want to make a custom userlist that displays information concerning variables for a multiplayer boardgame (ie a userlist that shows the different users and the cards they have drawn).

Hope you could give some tips.

Kind regards,

Hans

4 Replies

Level 2

Hello there, Hans!

I'm afraid I can't help you with the first question- that might be a better question to ask over in the AIR forums. But for your second question, the class you're looking for is called UserManager. See, any LCCS session comes pre-baked with four Shared Managers (com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers.*) that are accessible via the connect session (yourConnectSessionInstance.userManager), and that allow access to common room events. In your case, I would listen for UserManager.userCreate or UserManager.userRemove to update your room roster.

For an implementation of this, take a look at the source code for the Roster Pod that comes with the SDK- it not only pays attention to user adds/removes, but also displays rights and roles.

Michael Krotscheck

Level 2

Michael.

thanks very much for the extremely quick response. I was just playing with the UserManager, and the different User-events, and it indeed seems that that should do the trick.

For the AIR question: I already thought it would be the wrong forum to ask, but at leas I could try

Thanks!

Former Community Member

May I just say, it's awesome to see devs helping other devs in the forums here - our team strives to make sure questions get answered as quickly as possible, and your help is truly appreciated. Community FTW!

nigel