Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Watched Folder doesnt write input file to preserve or result folder

Level 4

I have deployed a workflow as a Watched folder via the Admin UI.  The Watched folder works properly in that it picks up the file and calls the workflow and gets a response.  However, the input file doesn't get placed into the preserve or result folder afterwards.  Am I missing a parameter from admin UI setup OR do i need to do something with the workflow?

The workflow takes a pdf and extracts the xml, massages the xml via xslt and calls a web service.  The Output param of the workflow is wsStatus (type=string).  When I look at a replay instance in Workbench, all steps are green and the wsStatus field is populated with a soap response mesg.

I can only get the input file get dumped into the failure directory if the web service call in the workflow times out.

I've attached a jpg of the settings i've set.

2 Replies

Level 10

In the first screen shot, the wsStatus setting is empty.

You  need to tell it where to write the content of wsStatus. Just put something status.txt.

Jasmin

Level 4

Turns out that the wsStatus parameter had to be one of the following doc types (com.adobe.idp.Document, org.w3c.dom.Document and org.w3c.dom.Node) and not a string.

Now the input pdf gets written into the Preserve folder and the wsStatus gets written to the Result folder.
THANKS!