Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

afcs error getting ticket

Level 4

So close to getting this to work properly, I'm getting an "afcs error getting ticket" error when I try to do a session login. 

The full thrown error is:

#THROWING ERROR# onComplete status code not ok. Status: <error>
Error: error getting ticket: [Event type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices/onTicketError()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerAdobeHostedServices.as:106]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.sessionClasses::SingleUseTicketService/onComplete()[C:\work\main\connect\cocomoPlayer10\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\sessionClasses\SingleUseTicketService.as:79]
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Anyone else run into this?  I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks!

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The reason why it works with test but not with turtle is because you are creating authentication tokens for the room "test".

External authentication tokens are associated to the account AND the room, so give test what is for test and turtle what is for turtle

(btw, these token are just base64 encoded so you can decode them and see what they are pointing to)

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 4

Hmm it only happens on my room that I created through the restful api, I'm definitely missing something here.

-Eric

Level 3

Hi Eric

I also get this error with a similar environment except I am creating my room using the php libraries. I have two rooms - a lobby which I log into fine and a created room which fails.

I have found that if I use localhost in my dev environment both authentications work fine. Perhaps you could give this a go and let me know if localhost works for you too (it only seems to fail when I use a domain name).

It's pretty wierd that both of us are experiencing this on the same day - maybe just coincidence or not?

Thanks

Level 4

Hmm I'm actually creating the rooms using the php libraries too.  I also see the problem if I create new rooms by hand in the dev portal, and if I use the only room that works as a template when I try to create a new room from the php libraries. 

Are you talking about using a local server for authentication with your comment on localhost?  If so sorry I don't have that setup yet.  Hopefully someone from Adobe has some advice?

Thanks for letting me know there was someone else out there having trouble

-Eric

Level 3

Hi Eric

Interesting - i am able to set up rooms manually and using the external php

libraries. I am also using the adobe hosted service for authentication (not

local).

My login flow is:

1 - login to manually created 'lobby' room using authentication token (using

a username and user id)

2 - create a room (initiated by lobby user)

3 - login into externally created room using authentication token (same

username and user id as for the lobby)

It works perfectly when my flex application runs from http://localhost but item 3

fails if I use a name reference in the hosts setup ie. I can authenticate into the lobby but not into my template created room unless my app runs from http://localhost

To me it seems I am getting issues like you when I use a template and a

domain entry eg. www.local.com pointing at 127.0.0.1.

It also seems like the AFCS server is spewing when external authentication is performed more than once while one session is active (ie. the user is successfully authenticated on one session). But bizarely it work like a dream for me only when I run my app using http://localhost.

Wierd

Level 4

Still stuck on this point, but here's some more information.   The error occurs inthe onComplete function in SingleUseServices.   When I use my old room called test the response to the _loader.load(request);  looks like this (minus the blah-blah-blah):

<result>
<status code="ok"/>
<role>owner</role>
<userInfo tempUser="true">
<userId>EXT-ESTEIMLE-ERICSTEIMLE</userId>
<userName>EXT-ESTEIMLE-ERICSTEIMLE</userName>
<displayName>Eric</displayName>
<emailAddress></emailAddress>
</userInfo>
<ticket>14t6oh4twoer1</ticket>
<instance>na2-sdk-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah/test</instance>
<expiry>1200004</expiry>
</result>

But when I change the room to a new room that was created with the php library called turtle, I get this result:

<result>
<status code="error" subcode="invalid-user-instance"/>
</result>

Still stumped and digging for answers.

-Eric

Employee

Are you sure the room got created correctly ? Can you please try to go in the DevPortal and look at your list of rooms ?

Also, you can try to create a new room from there and see if that works.

Finally, if you send me a URL for your rooms, I can try it out and see if I can reproduce it (or, again, you could run your application in FlexBuilder and send me the FULL logs you get in the console)

Thanks!

Level 4

Raf thanks for helping.

Are you sure the room got created correctly?

Well no I'm not sure, I'm sure I could have gotten it wrong.  But I do see it in the Dev portal in the list of rooms.

Also can you try to create a new room from the dev portal and see if that works?

That does not work for me either, only the test room that I created months ago works.

Success URL: https://connectnow.acrobat.com/esteimle/test

Fail URL: https://connectnow.acrobat.com/esteimle/turtle

I've attached the success and fail logs, if you need me to do anything or try anything let me know.

Thank you,

Eric

Correct answer by
Employee

The reason why it works with test but not with turtle is because you are creating authentication tokens for the room "test".

External authentication tokens are associated to the account AND the room, so give test what is for test and turtle what is for turtle

(btw, these token are just base64 encoded so you can decode them and see what they are pointing to)

Level 4

AUGGGGHHHH!!!  haha that worked great.  One darn line of php code wrong causes me a day of trouble

Changing:

$session = $account->getSession("test");

To:

$session = $account->getSession($roomName);

in my php file and everything is working.   Thanks for the help!

-Eric

Level 3

Hi Eric

I believe that you need to create a separate authentication token for each

room that you log into. It might be that you need to create a new

authentication token for the turtle room (I am going by tests which I have

done - by trying to use the same authentication token for more than one

room).

Perhaps I am wrong and you are already doing this.

Hope this helps.