Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Adobe Livecycle Submit Problems

Level 2

I am using Adobe Livecycle ES.  Putting a button on a page to submit the form.   However although it appears to save the settings it sends the form to a  different address and in a different format.  I can even start a blank form set  it to email address NEW and submit as XML and when submitting it sends to email  address OLD and as a PDF. 

Where is it picking these settings up from ?  ? ?

25 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you pst your form so we can see what is happening?

Paul

Level 2

Here is the file.  You will see on the button it is set to go to paul@ . . .  as an XML.  When it is distributed it sends to a different address rshenton@ . . . . as a PDF.

Former Community Member

It works fine for me ......are you using Acrobat or Reader? Which mail client do you have ....I am using Outlook?

Paul

Level 2

Acrobat and Outlook.  Are you saying if you do the submit it is trying to send an email to the paul@ with an xml ?

Former Community Member

Yes that is what I am saying .....are you hitting the button on the form or another submit button somewhere else?

Paul

Level 2

I will post my original file (changed to check box now) and the distributed version the distributed version in my Reader is still trying to email the wrong address and the wrong format.

Maybe I need a reinstall ?

Level 2

the distributed file has this line in . . .

<script contentType="application/x-javascript">//@@SUBMITURL "mailto:rshenton@nitecrest.com?subject=Submitting Completed Form&amp;body=Instructions to add this form to a responses file:\n1. Double-click the attachment.\n2. Acrobat will prompt you to select a responses file.&amp;ui=false"&#xD;

Former Community Member

Are you using some service to distribute the form? The submit button is getting overwritten and that code is being added to the template. That is where it is coming from. Do you know that address? I am wondering why that address was chosen?

Paul

Level 2

I am using the distribute function in Livecycle.

Level 2

Sorry, yes I do know the address it is someone I have used his settings for a previous form.

Former Community Member

That function uses Acrobat.com to send out the form to various users. It will override your submit button and put its own info into the form. There may be some settings in Acrobat.com that you can use to send to the right person. I do not know that application very well but I woudl suggest that you distribute it yourself if at all possible.

Paul

Level 2

Thankyou for your help on this Paul.  I have seen similar posts unanswered and have discovered how to fix this.  Paul you are right in pointing something out that is not obvious.  When you are in Livecycle it does use Acrobat to distribute the form.  The settings it gets for email are from the Preferences -- Identity section in Acrobat.

Level 1

Hi All-
  I have an extremely frustrating problem.  I have designed a form in LiveCycle ES 8.2.1 for users to fill out and submit via xml.  I would like to use Acrobat Pro 9.1.0 to track and collect responses from this form.  When I test the original form, the submit button works perfectly and it opens my email client (Groupwise) attaches the xml and populates the To, Subject, and Body fields perfectly.

The problem comes when I try to use Acrobat to distribute and track the forms.  It creates a filed called 'form_distributed' that adds a bunch of code that completely screws up my form submission.  When the form_distributed is filled out, and the user clicks the submit button, Groupwise 6.5.7 is invoked, but I get a 'Check Names' dialog box that states

"Windows Messaging does not recognize "1. Double-click the attachment".

After I click cancel on that dialog box, the JavaScript Debugger shows:

Exception in line 63 of function top_level, script XFA:form1[0]:p1[0]:Button1[0]:click

RaiseError: One of the specified recipients is not resolvable.
Doc.submitForm:63:XFA:form1[0]:p1[0]:Button1[0]:click
===> One of the specified recipients is not resolvable.

The distributed version has this extra code inserted

< script contentType="application/x-javascript">//@@SUBMITURL "mailto:email@workplace.com?subject=Submitting Completed Form&amp;body=Instructions to add this form to a responses file:\n1. Double-click the attachment.\n2. Acrobat will prompt you to select a responses file.&amp;ui=false"&#xD;

and further down....

// submit the form&#xD;
if (bContinue) {&#xD;
    var rawURL = "email@workplace.com?subject=Submitting Completed Form&amp;body=Instructions to add this form to a responses file:\n1. Double-click the attachment.\n2. Acrobat will prompt you to select a responses file.&amp;ui=false";&#xD;
    var submitURL;&#xD;
    if (app.viewerVersion &lt; 9.0)&#xD;
        submitURL = "mailto:" + rawURL;&#xD;
    else&#xD;
        submitURL = "mailto:" + escape(rawURL);&#xD;
    currentDoc.submitForm({&#xD;
        cURL: submitURL,&#xD;
        cSubmitAs: "PDF"&#xD;
    });&#xD;
}&#xD;

Are these lines of code always inserted when the form is distributed?
How can I distribute and track these responses?

Does this tie in to Acrobat.com, and is that required to gather responses in this method?

It seems to be reading

"email@workplace.com?subject=Submitting Completed Form&amp;body=Instructions to add this form to a responses file:\n"

as the first email address and then getting hung up on the body and interpreting it as an incomplete email address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 1

Were you ever able to resolve this problem?  I'm having the same problem!

I'd love to just remove the &body .... stuff, but I cannot figure out how to edit the javascript.

Any clues?

I'm using LiveCycle Designer ES.

Thanks!

Level 10

Can you explain more about what issue you are facing with the Submit. So I can help you..

Thanks

Srini

Level 1

Yes, I have created a form to fill out and have added a Submit by Email button. I then create a form to distribute using the LiveCycle distribute form option, and select the option to distribute it manually, because this is a form that I will send out periodically, and that I want to post to our website.

When a user clicks the submit by email button, Outlook pops up with a Check Names box.

checknames1.jpg

And you'll notice that the "name" it's trying to match is "1. Double-click the attachment." This is text from the send email script, and it appears that it has a coding issue, so that the body text (after the &body in the script) is getting read by Outlook as a contact, instead of as body text. 

If I find a contact, and click ok. I get another Check Names window with 2. Acrobat will prompt you to select a responses file.

If I then select another contact that exists.  I get the email, with the attachment,which looks like this:

email.jpg

where I've hidden my email address and last name. You can see that the first email address looks bad! So I double-click and

view the first address in the to line in Outlook's Email Properties window and I see this:

email_prop.jpg

Where again I've hidden my email address.

The email can then be sent, and I receive it at the email address I selected in the Check Names window. Ajnd of course one message gets bounced, because it tries to send to the first address.

Something is going wrong with the sending of the &body info to Outlook after a form has been distributed with Livecycle.

Any help would be appreciated.  I'd love to edit the Javascript and get rid of the &body and info after it.  I don't need it, but I can't figure out how to edit the Javascript.

I've got Acrobat Pro 9, LiveCycleDesigner ES (just running standalone, no server).

Thanks!

Employee

After creating a distribution version of the PDF form (xyz_distribute.pdf), did you by any chance perform any additional editing on the xyz_distribute.pdf form or did a “Save a copy”?

If yes, then that will corrupt the form and you will observe the above behavior. Only create the distribution version of your PDF form from the final/complete original PDF form.

Vishal

Level 1

I'll doublecheck, but I don't believe I edited or chose Save a Copy. Acrobat

seems like it is pretty good about warning you that you will corrupt the

functionality when you do either of those things.

Rebecca

Level 1

I have just confirmed that I did not edit or choose Save a copy. I created

a new very short form, distributed it via the send an email from Acrobat

function, and when I received it and filled it out and sent it back, I got

the very same problem.

Darn!

Rebecca

Employee

Can you post the original and distributed versions of your test form?

Vishal