Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 email button question

Level 1

I am using Adobe Lifecycle Designer ES2 to create an Adobe Acrobat X pdf form. The form uses a checkbox to select different options, and then the form is sent via e-mail to a specific e-mail address. I am wondering if it is possible to script the following option when sending the e-mail:

I have a dropdown list box where a person's name is selected e.g. John Smith.    Depending upon which person is selected, is it possible to include their name in the cc field of the e-mail message, so that John Smith is appended to @abc.com  for an e-mail address of john.smith@abc.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Level 5

Hi,

You can do the following:

• You have to use a normal button!!
  • Please copy the following code in the click-event of the normal button!
  • You have only adapt if the name of your DropDwonList is not the same ( in line 1 and line 4)!!
  • If the user don't use the DD the buttons don't works. The button works if the user select any emal of the DD.

if(DropdownListe1.rawValue != null)

{

//fill in e-mail

var Mailto = DropdownListe1.rawValue;

//var Mailto = "test@test.de";

//fill in subject

//var YourSubject = Formular1.s1.subject.rawValue;

var YourSubject = "Test Subject";

//fill in message

//var YourMessage = "Content PDF:\r" + "Field content: " + Formular1.s1.inhalt.rawValue + "\rName: "

var YourMessage = "This is a test message.\r2.row start here.\r3.row here.";

//fill in e-mail cc

//var CC = Formular1.s1.emailcc.rawValue;

var CC = "testcc@test.de";

//fill in e-mail bcc

//var BCC = Formular1.s1.emailbcc.rawValue;

var BCC = "testbcc@test.de";

var Mail = "mailto:" + Mailto + "?Subject=" + YourSubject + "&Body=" + YourMessage + "&cc=" + CC + "&bcc=" + BCC;

//cSubmitAs: "PDF" send the pdf as attachment

//cSubmitAs: "XML" send the pdf as xml-attachment

event.target.submitForm({

cURL: Mail,

bEmpty: true,

cSubmitAs: "XML"

});

}

ddemail.jpg

Hope it will helps you,

Mandy

Level 1

Hi Mandy,

Thank you very much for your reply. I created a new normal button and copied the code in form in Adobe LiveCycle ES2. I extended the Adobe Reader Features in Adobe Acorbat X, and then opened the pdf form in Adobe Acrobat X reader. I am able to process the form, and exactly as you said, if I don't select a person from the drop down list, the E-mail submit button doesn't work. Upon filling out the entire form (including select a person from the drop down dialog box), the e-mail submit button displays a dialog box called Send Form. I have inherited the original form another programmer. I suspect there is coding hidden in the form, but I am sure where. I am attaching a screen shot for your reference.  Appreciate you help.

Thanks

send form button.jpg

Employee

When we distribute a form via Acrobat and it picks the sender information from its preference setting.

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> identity (category) -> check the identity information.

Level 1

Hi,

I'm also using this script.  When I submit as XML it works perfectly, but when I try and submit as pdf by just changing

cSubmitAs: "XML"

to

cSubmitAS: "PDF"

it does not work.  Any ideas?