Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Adobe LiveCycle - Creative Cloud

Level 2

So I upgrade to Creative Cloud.  I download and install Acrobat XI Pro.  I want to edit an old PDF that has an interative form.  I open up the PDF.  I'm told "This form cannot be edited in Acrobat.  Please use Adobe LifeCyle Designer to edit this form.  Learn More".  The "learn more" takes me to a page where the only option is to download trail software or purchase Lifecycle for $299.  But I don't want trial software.  I probably won't use this software again for months - at which point I'll be back at square one.  And I pay a monthly subscription for the Creative Cloud prisicely so I don't have to purchase individual product licenses.  Isn't that the point?  So I get on Adobe Chat Help - and after 30 minutes I'm told Lifecycle isn't part of Creative Suite.  Are you kidding me?  Isn't building/editing forms an important part of Acrobat?  So I seriously can't edit an old form unless i pay you another $299???  What am I missing Adobe???

4 Replies

Level 4

If you had a previous version of Acrobat that came bundled with the LiveCycle Designer you are entitled to a free upgrade.  Information on how to obtain the free upgrade is available here - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/upgrade-livecycle-designer-acrobat-xi.html

Hope that helps.

Jeff

Level 2

Jeff - thanks for the response.  I don't seem to qualify - even hough I've had Acrobat Pro for years with the Creative / Web Suites.  That doesn't seem to be an option.  This is just crazy.  Why would this product NOT be part of the Cloud subscription is very frustrating.

Level 1

Nothing but a money grab by Adobe.  Shameful.  I'm just going to export or screenshot as an image and load into Acrobat/InDesign/Illustrator.

Level 1

Sometimes you can save the document in rich text format (rtf) and then save it again as a PDF and that will allow you to edit it.