Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Acrobat X, now SaveAs and Send do not work

Level 3

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I installed Acrobat Reader X.

I have Acrobat Pro 9 and that's what I use to make my LiveCycle forms.

I have been using a standard Send button and a standard SaveAs button on my forms for months.

Now they don't work.

The Send button does not work at all.

The Saveas button cautions that I cannot save the form with its data. (Which is exactly what I want to do and exactly what it did before Acrobat X)

Any ideas?

My code for Save as is:

app.execMenuItem("SaveAs");

And my code (varies) for Send varies, but I do the usual mailto and subject stuff, plus:

event.target.submitForm({

cURL

: mail,

bEmpty

: true,

cSubmitAs

: "PDF",

cCharset

: "utf-8"

});

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Joe,

Is your form Reader Enabled?

See: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

Niall

PS I appreciate that the title says Acrobat X, but the message says Acrobat Reader X.  To clarify the full version is Acrobat X, whereas the reader is Adobe Reader X.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Joe,

Is your form Reader Enabled?

See: http://assure.ly/etkFNU.

Niall

PS I appreciate that the title says Acrobat X, but the message says Acrobat Reader X.  To clarify the full version is Acrobat X, whereas the reader is Adobe Reader X.

Level 3

Hi Niall,

Thanks for the reference. It is wonderful.

Yes...as usual, I was a bit vague. Let me explain.

I have Acrobat 9. I recently installed Acrobat Reader X.  So I have 9 (full) and X (just the Reader).

Prior to the install of X, I was always able to test my forms in Preview, in LCD. The Saveas and Send buttons always worked. (Note that this was long before I ever "extended" or "enabled" the form.) But with X installed, this no longer worked.

If I come all the way out of LCD and go into Acrobat and then extend the form and then test it...it is fine.

Sorry I was not clearer. Thanks again for the file. It is a fantastic job aid...reminiscent of your event-firing job aid.

Joe

Level 10

You are welcome Joe!

From memory, Adobe do not recommend that you have Acrobat and Reader installed on the same machine. I suspect that what is happening is that when you preview a form in LC Designer, Reader X is being used and not Acrobat 9. This would mean that there are certain features that would not be available.

I would recommend removing Reader X (maybe put that on another machine, if possible).

Good luck,

Niall