Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit button problem

Former Community Member
I am using Acrobat 8 Professional and LifeCycle Designer 8.0. I first made forms using the default email submit button and had an XML data file submitted.

I'm now making the forms to submit as a pdf file rather than an XML file. I selected a regular button rather than the email submit button provided and made it a submit button to be submitted as a pdf.

The forms are being sent as pdf files attached to emails using Outlook. The issue is that every computer has a different "reaction" to this submit button. My computer (PC), when I tested the forms,everything was fine - Outlook opened and I was able to submit the file. On another PC in my office, when she clicked the submit button, nothing happened at all. On a PC at home, I got an error message "this operation is not permitted." And someone on a Macintosh did not even get a submit button showing up on the pdf.

We need to be able to send these files out so that everyone can complete them easily. I would appreciate any ideas on how to make the submit button so that it works on all platforms and computers.

Thank you so much,

Marcy
1 Reply

Level 5
It might work on your machine as you designed in & using Adobe Acrobat. In order to make it work with rest of the world (Adobe Reader) you may have to assign certain rights using Reader Extensions server. Also heard Adobe Acrobat is preloaded with limited capacity to enable such rights even if you do not have "Reader Extensions".