Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

adding an instances on top of each other.

I'm having a problem with adding instances of objects to a form.

I set up a form with a button and a text field and an e-mail button. I wrapped the button and text field in subform1a and made subform1a positioned. I wrapped subform 1a in subform1 and made subform1 flowed, western text. Then I made the page flowed, top-to-bottom.

In the click event for the button I put:

parent.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

Then I previewed the form and pressed the button. I pressed it 5 times and nothing happened. So I used the e-mail submit button to e-mail the XML of the form to myself. I opened up the e-mail and saw that subform1a had been replicated 5 times. Since I didn't see but one instance I assume that all 6 instances overlay each other. I have no idea what is causing it.

I'm using Adobe LCD 7.1. I have Adobe Acrobat Acrobat 8 professional installed and Adobe Reader 7.0 installed. The operating system is Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 on a Dell Optiplex GX620.
3 Replies
Hi,

You can have one more try by

1. checking the Repeat SubForm for each data item checkbox &

2. the minimum count to 1

in the Binding tab of the subform that contains the text field and button.

Regards,

Suresh
I fixed the problem.

The problem was that subforms below the instance I was adding were positioned, so the new instance went UNDERNEATH them and were hidden.

I found that when making a dynamic form, it's best to wrap all objects in positioned subforms, whether or not you plan on repeating them, and then wrap the positioned subform in a flowed subform by itself. Finally, make the page-level subform a flowed subform. A flow-direction of Western Text works best.

You might be able to do without some positioned subforms and just wrap everything in flowed subforms, western text, but LiveCycle will left-justify everything unless you put spacer objects like empty text boxes on the form to keep other objects in place.
Hi, I have the same problem with you, and I use the same environment. Just after trying all the way mentioned above, my form is still not working.

I have put it into a flowed subform, westen text direction, and the only positioned subform is under the flow subform, set repeat for each data item, min = 1.

It just does not work.

Anyone knows why?