Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Validate table at least one row is filled in before submit

Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a table created in livecycle designer and I will be email the PDF file.

However, I need to validate that the table at least one row is filled in else it will prompt message telling user that the table is still empty which cannot be send.

How can I do this?

Some steps to guide will be good.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Maybe the first thing to work out is what validation options you currently have and maybe what versions of Reader you have to support, there was some big changes in 9.1.

So what settings do you have in Form Properties ... Form Validation and how do you want the error at the table level to be displayed ... a popup message?

1489367_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

I have the script to call for nulltest for specific row1 cell2.
Howeverm the row1 cell2 will not take any parameter anymore and it will show the message that content is not valid or empty.1492317_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

So, there must be an issue with your code.  Can you add your code and ensure you say what event it is attached to and on what object.  A screen shot of the form hierarchy often helps.

Under the javascript of the selected cell from the table.

form1.Table2.body.Row1.Cell3::validate - (JavaScript, client)

this.validate.nullTest = "error"

Thats all the code i wrote in

Level 10

Hi, maybe we should step back a bit. In the validate event you have some code to trigger a mandatory test. I haven’t tried that and wouldn’t know what to expect. Maybe it would be best if you shared a link to your form. Can you publish it on google doc, Dropbox or whatever and post a link here.