Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

running quick start java samples with Eclipse

Former Community Member
Are there any additional installation or deployment tasks required in the turnkey JBOSS install to run these samples? I keep getting an exception when I try to run or debug the import data sample from my Eclipse IDE. JBOSS appears to be up and running fine (I'm able to run the various services via the admin browser interface). Anyway, here's a couple of the key exceptions:

"Caused by: ALC-DSC-031-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.net.DSCNamingException: Remote EJBObject lookup failed for ejb/Invocation provider"

"javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: ejb not bound"

Everything appears OK in the sample code until this statement executes:

Document resultPDF = dataClient.importData(inputPDF,inputDataFile);

Are there LC EJB definitions that need tweaking in the JBOSS config or something? I didn't see anything about that during the installation. Any help appreciated, my trial is a few days from expiring and I need to prototype these features before my boss thinks MS InfoPath is a better solution. - eric
5 Replies

Level 4
Were there any errors or warnings during the install/config process for Livecycle, and did the configuration process run all the way through first time?

Can you see any ejb related errors in jboss/server/all/conf/server.log?

Former Community Member
Thanks Robert, as a matter of fact I did have to delete and rerun the installation a few times. After it failed on like the 4th try in different ways I decided to track the memory utilization during the install. Once the memory and page file util hit the wall the install crashed too. I knew going in I was low with only 1GB, but figured I'd try. Its the only machine I had available. Anyway I doubled my page file space and got through the install without any errors on the last pass.

I will look at the server log for clues and report back. Thanks again. - eric

Former Community Member
Just to close off on this for reference, I re-ran configuration manager, selecting Express etc., as I did originally and went through the post config tasks again, of which I only needed to re-deploy the samples. I didn't do an upgrade or use the native pdf conversion, IBM filenet, BMC and so forth so most of the post install tasks didn't apply to me. Anyway, the J2EE samples I've tested (Apply Reader ext and import/export XML to PDF) work fine in Eclipse now, albeit slowly. ;) - eric

Level 4
Glad upping page file did the trick, normally the least memory you can get away with is about 2GB (JBoss alone can use 900MB+ in memory).

Former Community Member
I'm looking to disable printing and saving a file if user required fields are blank. I'm using Livecycle designed that came with adobe pro 8.