Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems converting images(gif,tif,bmp,jpg) to PDF

Former Community Member
Hi,<br />I installed PDF Generator Elements 7.2.2 using the turnkey installation JBoss,MySql and the JDK 1.4.2_04 included) in Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition with SP1 ENU (evaluation edition) with the same credentials with the one that installed MS Office 2003,but the deployment of the Configuration Manager failed to start the Java service of JBoss..I changed the logon credentials for the JBoss for Adobe Livecycle(Local System Account) and run again the configuration Manager..This time Java Service did start and the database was initialised but I could not convert anything to PDF..So I changed back the logon credentials(of the JBoss for Adobe LiveCycle service) to the one that installed Office,I waited for the JavaService to start and run again the configuration Manager...This time everything worked out(with the deployment)and seemed to go well..I can convert doc,txt,rtf,xls and so on to PDF..The file types I cannot convert though are the following:<br />bmp,gif,jpg,tif and everything related to Acrobat due to:<br /><br />(JBoss log file)<br />2007-03-13 05:53:05,031 INFO [STDOUT] Command line '"C:\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\j2re1.4.2_04_compiler\bin\javaw.exe"'<br />2007-03-13 05:53:05,406 INFO [STDOUT] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.adobe.logging.AdobeLogManagerImpl.init(Ljava/lang/Class;Lcom/adobe/service/Manager;)V<br />2007-03-13 05:53:05,406 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.service.bslj.Controller.<init>(Controller.java:109)<br />2007-03-13 05:53:05,406 INFO [STDOUT] at com.adobe.service.bslj.BslJ.initController(BslJ.java:51)<br />2007-03-13 05:53:05,406 INFO [STDOUT] at<br />com.adobe.native2pdf.bmc.AcrobatConverterServer.main(AcrobatConverterServer.java:67)<br />Any suggestion will be appreciated either on the installation walkthrough or everything in this post..<br />Thanks in advance,<br />Katerina
6 Replies

Level 4
Is the "use OCR" switched off in the Filetype settings? I've had that exact error when I switched it off.

Former Community Member
In the Filetype Settings for Adobe Acrobat I can see only the :

Specify the file extensions for file types accepted for this application, separated by commas.

Filename Extensions : bmp,gif,e.t.c.

Is this setting available in PDF Generator Elements?

If so,then everything went wrong with the installation...

Thanks,though...

Level 4
Looking at the matrix I can see that "Searchable PDF files from images" isn't ticked for elements, so OCR must not be available.

I just saw the error message and it rang some bells from a problem I'd encountered on Pro. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have the same problem: have you find any solution?

Thanks,

Steve.

Former Community Member
After editing / cropping a jpeg, opening it in pdf format the pdf is opening all pink; how do I get this to open normal?

Thank you,

Jeff

Level 7
>After editing / cropping a jpeg, opening it in pdf format the pdf is opening all pink; how do I get this to open normal?

This is using LiveCycle PDF Generator, correct?

Aandi Inston