Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Need help with Date Claculation

Former Community Member
Hey All,

I have done some searching and found you can have a date field auto fill the current date/time. but is it possible to have it auto fill a future date, say 15 months from the current date?

thanx in advance.

Kelly.
2 Replies

Level 7
You have to use JavaScript to use the methods to strip out the year, month and date values from the date time object. Using a text field use the following calculation:

var oToday = new Date() // get today's date object

// create a date object using today's date to the fullYear of today, today's month + 15 months, and today's date using the "Date()" method with the year, month and date parameters

var oFutureDate = Date(oToday.getYear(), oToday.getMonth() + 15, oToday.getDate());

// format future date as "mm/dd/yyyy" using the "util.printd()" method

$.rawValue = util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy", oFutureDate);

Former Community Member
Thanx for the reply Geo, but I am having trouble getting this to work. i am a total newbie, so I am fumbling around.

Using your script the field output is jumbled, it seems to show as: 9088/-7860/31308

here is how I used it:

var oToday = new Date(Date1.formattedValue);

var oFutureDate = Date(oToday.getYear(), oToday.getMonth() + 15, oToday.getDate());

Date2.rawValue = util.printd("mm/dd/yyyy", oFutureDate);

So far i got this script to sort of work :

(Date1)

Num2Date(Date(), "MM/DD/YYYY")

(Date2)

var Now = new Date(Date1.formattedValue);

Date2.rawValue = (Now.getMonth()+4) + "/" + Now.getDate() + "/" + (Now.getYear()+1901);

But once the date1 value is > 8 (Aug) the date does not roll over to a new year, it just keeps going up. eg, if Date1 is 9/1/07 Date2 will read 13/1/07 instead of 1/1/08.

Can anyone help with this?