You may have seen an email message earlier today from me describing our plans to shutdown the LCCS service on December 31st. I would like to use this thread for the community to discuss alternatives. There isn't a one-size fits all solution so I think it's useful to talk about a couple of different options. You may discover others on your own so please post them here. To get the discussion started, here's some things I've looked at.
Also if you need further information from Adobe, I''ll do my best to dig it up.
Very good news.
But when an official announcement will be done, once the deal is complete, it would be important that Adobe officially guaranty that the service will not be shut down on Adobe side, before the new service is fully running on the new side.
And don't forget that a lot of people is waiting to know if the new hosted service will be full featured, especially we need to know if the screen sharing will still be available?
Thanks a lot for your personal hard work to get a decent solution.
We will have the new service up and running before the Adobe LCCS service is shutdown.
Yes, the service will be fully featured including the screen sharing capability.
thanks a lot for your reply. Thats really great news.
The only last remaining question is how the pricing calculation will be affected?
That's not totally clear just yet. The hosting partner is looking at this now. We do expect that there will be some changes, but are not expecting that they will be radical. This may not be resolved by the time that we have our formal announcement of the deal, but it won't take until October to get it sorted out either.
Good news Jeff,
As soon as you guys get the chance to disclose some info, I would be very interested in knowing how the future pricing will compare to the paid services that we had with Adobe. Because otherwise, I might have to continue with the development of an alternative, as I'd rather not hang my hopes on them springing the prices on us in Oct.
We are still working through the final details of the agreement. Yes it's taking longer than I thought too. The good news is that we have been working in parallel with the partner to get them setup with the LCCS source and they've been building out the application so that we can meet our October goals.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I expect to announce a final agreement soon.
Thanks for your continued patience.
Your application should easily transfer over to the new service hosted by another provider.
So you could develop with LCCS. We aren't accepting new customers on LCCS, so as long as you already have an account setup to work with you are ok.
We are still working on finalizing the agreement and I expect to make announcement in the next few days. In the meantime we've been working with this partner to get LCCS setup in their environment. They should be able to beta testing within a couple of weeks.