Expand my Community achievements bar.

eMail QPAC question

Former Community Member
Has anybody seen this behavior before:

our LC7 server is Wondows/MySQL/JBoss, turnkey install. Outgoing email is enabled and working fine (user gets the regular notification emails when a workitem is routed to him).

The first workflow process on this server uses the "send email with attachment" qpac to send some notification emails. The "SMTP required authentication" box is checked and ID/password has been corrected entered. This workflow works fine too, user gets the email sent by the QPAC.

So, I exported this workflow, and created a new workflow by importing this exported XML file. I then modified it here and there but kept the eMail QPAC untouched.

When I ran the new workflow, it got Stalled at the email step. The error message as seen in the AdminUI was: "Could not connect to SMTP host: abc, port: 25; ....nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out...".

Question is why this new workflow stalled at the email qpac while it's exactly the same as the one that's working. I have exported the new workflow and compared its XML to the one that's working, the email portion of these two XMLs were exactly the same.

Any ideas? How do I fix this? Could it be that the SMTP server has limitations on connections?

thanks

James
5 Replies

Level 9
Hi James

Did you import the workflow into the same, or a different instance of the workflow server?

The Email QPAC uses settings both in its deployment properties, and also in the Workflow Email settings defined in the adminui.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
The same instance... there's only one.

Also, there's only one "email with attachment" QPAC deployed there. In its deployment properties, it has the sender email address, sender's ID and password, the SMTP server name and Port number. All are properly set as far as I can tell.

in my original posting, I probably used wrong words...sorry... what I meant was: the "email action" on both workflow maps are identical. I imported the first workflow into the new workflow, and left the "email action/step" untouched.

Level 9
Weird. Is the server listed in the exception the correct one? The only thing I can think is that it really has gone down?

Good luck...

Howard

Former Community Member
it turned out it was indeed the SMTP server problem... they were in the middle of decommission that server. after connecting LC to the new SMTP today, everything worked fine. sorry, false alarm.

thanks for your responses nevertheless.

Level 9
No worries.

Sometimes the simplest thing REALLY IS the answer :-)

Howard