Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Can't save policy with Anonymous User

Former Community Member
We have a policy with noone on it, just the Document Publisher. We add an Anonymous User, set that user's properties, then click Save. We get the following error at this point:

Error:

You are attempting to edit an existing non-anonymous policy and make it anonymous.

Are we doing something wrong?

--

-bk
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Did you have a non-anonymous user on the policy before this error?

Former Community Member
I don't recall the history of this policy, but I think it might have had "real" external or internal users/groups at some point.

Is there some way I can get the PDRL for the policy in order to find out more about it? Viewing the PDRL sure would help us debug other issues as well.

Former Community Member
Hi Brandon,

Once you create a policy that is non-anonymous, it cannot be changed to an anonymous policy.

If you would like to view the PDRL, you can either use our Java SDK (or webservice interface to do that) or you can look in the DBMS. It is a good idea, however, to make this easier in the future (perhaps make it available via the Admin console).

Hope this helps,

-Bill

Former Community Member
Is there /any/ way to get this to be non-anonymous policy ever again? Or is it just not possible? Also, if this is truly never possible, is it a bug that the Add Anonymous icon shows up at all?

I've used the webservice, so yes, that's quite handy! :) Will is say someplace in the PDRL "this can't be anonymous any longer"? Can I get the PDRL directly from the database? Or is this actually stored in many columns (meaning the PDRL ix not stored in a single column)?

Thanks Bill!

Former Community Member
To be clear, this appears to be really broken, or the interface needs to be fixed to make things obvious.

Steps to reproduce:

1. new policy

2. name new policy "pol a"

3. add anonymous user

4. click Add (on user screen)

5. click Save (on policy screen)

** WORKS

1. new policy

2. name new policy "pol b"

3. click Save (on policy screen)

4. click on (open) "pol b"

5. click Edit

6. add anonymous user

7. click Add (on user screen)

8. click Save (on policy screen)

** BREAKS

To me, this is either a bug with the interface, or a bug with the logic/product. Either way, make it clear that you have to add the anonymous user up front, and/or remove the Add Anonymous button. This is really annoying.

--

-bk