Expand my Community achievements bar.

2 LCDS (Data services) related questions

Level 1

Hello,

I'm having some issues working with LCDS 2.6 on a tomcat6 server.

1. We have a chat application that uses messaging to send out it's messages. Now when the application initializes the chatConsumer for the first time everything goes OK, but when you refresh the application you are (sometimes) unable to receive message with the consumer (sending works) (LCDS thinks that the subscriber still was subscribed?)

2. When restarting the the tomcat server it takes a lot of time to get it restarted properly (because the port is in use), we have set up LCDS 3 beta but still have this problem

[LCDS]SocketServer 'my-rtmp-SocketServer' failed to start.

flex.messaging.LocalizedException: SocketServer 'my-rtmp-SocketServer' cannot bind to accept client connections on port '2038' because another process has already bound the port. Please ensure

that multiple endpoints across all applications are not configured to use this same port.

at flex.messaging.socketserver.Acceptor$AcceptThread.bind(Acceptor.java:476)

at flex.messaging.socketserver.Acceptor$AcceptThread.run(Acceptor.java:305)

Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:52)

at flex.messaging.socketserver.Acceptor$AcceptThread.bind(Acceptor.java:444)

... 1 more

Thanks!

Ward

1 Reply

Employee

If you plan to use LCDS 3 beta, you should consider the new Advanced Messaging Support, and specially the Reliable messaging system.

A video presents this new architecture : http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/livecycle_dataservices3/videos/