Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

[No Customer ID - AEP]

Level 4

Hi,

We have an use case where there is no customer id, which is the primary identifier to work with.  For AEP, how do we go about that if we want to target those customer base?  Is there any solution around this?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 How is your schema set up? there are couple of ways you could do this based on this and other use cases, one of which is..

1. In your current schema i'm assuming customerID is the primary key, you could add email as secondary ( or any of those 3 ids) 
  2. In addition add a flag in schema to denote if they are "prospect" ( or not primarry customers) or primary customer 
  3. Create an audience of prospect and activate it to social destinations ( Facebook etc..) for your marketing tactics

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @SCB21,

What's the use case that you are trying to solve? Also which activation channel are you planning to use? How many ids are you currently storing in AEP?

Regards,

Chetanya

Level 4

Hi @ChetanyaJain 

We are looking to convert those customers to sign up as our primary customers.  We want to activate on our social platforms and onsite as well. We are currently storing 3 ids and email is one of them. 

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 How is your schema set up? there are couple of ways you could do this based on this and other use cases, one of which is..

1. In your current schema i'm assuming customerID is the primary key, you could add email as secondary ( or any of those 3 ids) 
  2. In addition add a flag in schema to denote if they are "prospect" ( or not primarry customers) or primary customer 
  3. Create an audience of prospect and activate it to social destinations ( Facebook etc..) for your marketing tactics

Hope that helps

Community Advisor

another option is to use the identityMap object to collect multiple identity values without setting an explicit attribute in a schema.