Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create a segment of all the records from a specific dataset or batch import

Community Advisor

Hello All,

I am importing some audiences from a SFTP location and storing them in a profile-enabled dataset.

Now, How can I create a segment for this audience in AEP?

I tried creating a segment on batch Id condition, but it does not work.

Manoj_Kumar__0-1679545079820.png

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Anil_Umachigi @nereddy @irohitshukla 

Here is how I achieved this without changing the schema structure. I uploaded the data to the experience event schema and created a dummy event against the identities from the CSV file.

Now this dummy event can be used in segment builder to create the segments.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 2

Why not add one calculated field into this batch with a unique ID and have it in the schema so you can use them in segments?

Community Advisor

Hello @irohitshukla 

Since it is a once-off requirement and that is why I don't want to make any schema changes.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 1

You may want to look at the external audience onboarding capability in the Platform. Importing and using external audiences 

Community Advisor

@Manoj_Kumar_  Could you elaborate more on the dataset you imported this into? what schema class did you use to create this? Ideally you would 

1. Create a Non-people identifier namespace
  2. Create schema with class Segment definition
  3. Assign primary id ( Segment id) to the name space created
  4. Enable for profile 
  5. Ingest data. 

Is there a reason you are using batch id? 

Community Advisor

Hello @Anil_Umachigi 

I have a list of customers(with identities) that already exist in CDP. Now, the requirement is to create a segment of these customers and activate them to a destination.

I don't want to modify the existing schema because it is a once-off requirement. I thought of ingesting this data by creating a dataset by CSV file and then enabling the dataset for the profile.

Every ingests we do in AEP creates a batch ID. To create a segment of these imported customers I thought of using the batch ID to create a segment that is not working.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Anil_Umachigi @nereddy @irohitshukla 

Here is how I achieved this without changing the schema structure. I uploaded the data to the experience event schema and created a dummy event against the identities from the CSV file.

Now this dummy event can be used in segment builder to create the segments.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Community Advisor

That is smart stuff @Manoj_Kumar_ 

may be you could write an automation script which does and creates a fake event with those attributes. 

Well done and thank you for sharing here